RHD - Right Hand Drive Tremor

What is a TremorMUV? Ask your questions here!

Moderator: the JoKeR

RHD - Right Hand Drive Tremor

Postby NuffSed » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:03 am

Has anyone ever started a right-hand drive project? I've spent countless hours looking at all the H1 kits & replica's on the market and none seem to be as easy to convert as the Tremor. Especially using a local Donor. As far as the dash plans, etc. are concerned - this will make the job even easier by inverting, or mirroring the critical aspects when changing to RHD. I need your thoughts.
NuffSed
Recruit
Recruit

Postby Camarogenius » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:14 am

Talk to Tanto, and Hoppy.
Here's a link to Hoppy's thread.
http://www.h1forum.com/viewtopic.php?t= ... highlight=
Camarogenius
Master Builder
Master Builder

Postby TantoMUV » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:34 pm

The chassis I used is a 79 Chevy PU K20, orginally from the army, part of the USMA (US Military Aid). thank you guys :lol:
So as not to forget its root and in order to keep everything American, I have decided to keep it Left hand Drive.
The road authority here doesn't give a damn (just like in Europe) LHD or RHD as long as you keep driving on the wrong side at all times!! :cry: :cry:
I know there are several HUMVEE in australia that had been converted to RHD by mirroring the dash board too.

http://www.tremormuv.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=703

tanto
"Experience is the name every one gives to their mistakes."
TantoMUV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: RHD - Right Hand Drive Tremor

Postby charl » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:35 am

NuffSed wrote:Has anyone ever started a right-hand drive project? I've spent countless hours looking at all the H1 kits & replica's on the market and none seem to be as easy to convert as the Tremor. Especially using a local Donor. As far as the dash plans, etc. are concerned - this will make the job even easier by inverting, or mirroring the critical aspects when changing to RHD. I need your thoughts.

Hi! Have you started building your RHD Tremor yet? I also live in SA and have thought about whether to build LHD or RHD. The LHD version would look a lot more authentic.
charl
Recruit
Recruit

Return to TremorMUV Questions