body on donor

Follow along this TremorMUV build as it progresses from a pile of steel to a finished vehicle.

Moderator: the JoKeR

body on donor

Postby Iggyg00 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:48 pm

OK so it was 60 degrees in ct this last weekend so some work got done. I want to get the body built and finalized on the chassis before i get it painted etc. So after putting the two together it got really big and just makes me want to work on it even more so home i go this weekend for some more work. Hopefully sheeting and fenders finished, hood hinged etc. Lots of parts on order. Here are some pics and for height reference I am 6' 2" this thing is huge. For the headlights they are 48 inches off the ground. My dad says we may have to move it to the 12' door bay if it gets any taller.

Also the last image is where the front leaf spring attaches to the frame. so as you can see i had to go above it to center the tires. For reference if you are building the tremor on a suburban chassis the cross member that starts teh rear bead from the front sits right over the 2nd body mount from the back of the truck ill get pics if anyone wants. I also am changing the b pillar so if anyone wants the surplus one contact me and make me an offer.
Iggyg00
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby CAPPS » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:36 pm

Looks sweet. How muxh lift do you have on it?
CAPPS
TremorMUV Mentor
TremorMUV Mentor

Postby Iggyg00 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:19 am

The lift that the original truck had was 4 inches adding the tires probably another 2 so 6 i would say altogether. But once the engine, transmission, transfercase is added im sure it will drop and all the sheeting still seats etc.
Iggyg00
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Builder2B » Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:33 pm

Looking absolutely SUPERB!!!!!!!!

Very motivational!
Remember... A before O... or UP you will GO!

Built... NOT BOUGHT!

1977 Chevy 3/4ton 4x4
350 Automatic
Builder2B
Journeyman
Journeyman

Return to Iggyg00's TremorMUV Build