Pictures and further info

Follow along this TremorMUV build as it progresses from a pile of steel to a finished vehicle.

Moderator: the JoKeR

Pictures and further info

Postby Iggyg00 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:59 pm

So i finally got the pics and will be sending them to the joker soon. Also I will be furthering the build with sheeting as soon as i hear back from the my humvee guy. what a pain in the .... he is never there. I ordered on line and am waiting for the shipping price. Hopefully I get the parts before next wensday.
Iggyg00
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Nuzguy » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:02 pm

Who did you order from? Is this something we might want to know?

Nuz
Nuzguy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby the JoKeR » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:00 pm

I assume you're talking about Paul at www.myhumvee.com ? I purchased from him a few times without problem, although it seems like he's slow at getting shipping charges, etc. As long as I get what is ordered, I'm happy though. Your pics will be posted very shortly, although I cropped them and resized them a bit so they wouldn't overload the available room I have on that hosting site.
Come see what we're up to.

And now, for something completely different: http://www.locostusa.com/
the JoKeR

Postby the JoKeR » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:04 pm

Here are the pics, feel free to let us know what's happening and what you've got planned!

the JoKeR

about the pics

Postby Iggyg00 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:38 am

So here is the general jist of it. The frame is the same as the plans to keep options open for a donor but the frame is changed in tubing. All the 45 degree angle pieces and the tunnel, top of fenders, and floorpans is made out of 1/16 wall tubing instead of 1/8 inch wide tubing. just to keep the weight down.

The hood had a broken section so i got a piece from nak-nak and cut the support on my hood. all seems are fiberglasses under the supports and then the supports where put back over and fiberglassed again. finishing work will be done later to make it look seemless.

projects over the next week:

I want to start the rear wall for a hard top. This will be removable for options later such as a soft top or slantback. If anyone out there can give me the angles for the rear door that thomas is making so i can make sure there right on my build it would be greatly appreciated. I will be ordering them probably after the new year when i can scrap together some money.
Iggyg00
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby the JoKeR » Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:06 pm

Having that angle will help, but I'd be careful about going to far without having the doors on-hand. In my opinion, your safest bet is to do the rear wall and door jambs when you've got the doors to work against. It wouldn't be hard to be off by 1/2" or so on that wall, which would obviously be a problem with the jamb.

the JoKeR

question about doors

Postby Iggyg00 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:21 pm

joker if i get a set of soft doors would that be ok to atleast build the back wall or are the angles different than thomas's doors. I will be using both sets because the rear wall will be removeable to make it a soft top.
Iggyg00
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby the JoKeR » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:48 pm

Call me paranoid, but I wouldn't trust soft doors unless they are brand new never been used. Even then, you might run into problems with the rubber gasket material surrounding the door. Best in my opinion would be to wait for the hard doors if you can. Door jambs don't necessarily need to be done until close to the end of the body build, so maybe that could buy you some time. That's just my $.02 though. :wink:

the JoKeR

Return to Iggyg00's TremorMUV Build