Roparker's Stretch Tremor Build.

Follow Roparker's build of a stretched TremorMUV on a 164.5 inch wheelbase Crew Cab Chassis

Roparker's Stretch Tremor Build.

Postby roparker » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:49 pm

Greetings all,

I hope to use this showcase to document my build of a TremorMUV on a longer than normal chassis platform. I have a 2 wheel drive 1984 GMC 3/4 ton Crew Cab pickup that I plan to convert to a Tremor. I have owned this truck since 1988 and it has sat on some property I own for the last 10 years or so. I gave away the engine and transmission some years ago as I really didn't see a use for the truck but now I hope to breathe new life into it. Long ago I had converted the truck to dual wheels in the rear by using an Arrowcraft Dual Rear Wheel conversion, and put dually front spindles and rotors on the front. I'm hoping that this will give me the track width I need to make the OEM HMMWV wheels and tires fit and look right, time will tell.

With a wheelbase of 164.5 inches I will need to stretch the Tremor body by 34.5 inches, probably allowing me to add a third set of doors on each side. I have already started 'collecting' parts and making new drawings of the areas that I will need to expand. I will post some pictures of the donor as soon as I can.

I hope that the other more experienced builders here will help me from going to far astray in my quest for a "Different Tremor".
roparker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby the JoKeR » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:24 pm

I'm sure you'll find more than enough help to finish your Tremor here! You'll also probably have little difficulty in modifying the planset to handle the longer length - just make sure you plan for enough body mounts to the frame.

So is a 6-door Tremor your goal, or have you looked into a long-bed 4-door? I've seen designs for other similar trucks based on slightly longer wheelbase trucks, but not the 165" base.

Don't forget to take and post plenty of pics!
Come see what we're up to.

And now, for something completely different: http://www.locostusa.com/
the JoKeR

Postby roparker » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:13 pm

My goal is a longer cab rather than a longer bed. Whether I add the extra doors or not is still up in the air. I may just sheet over the center section and have a front and rear door. Maybe I'll add a window in the center section. What currently comes to mind is to make the center set of seats face to the rear. I'd like to maybe reduce the tunnel in the center of the truck to perhaps add another seat, I'll just have to see what the frame will allow. If I could have a total of 6 seats in the rear area that would be great! That would give a total seating of 8. Limo Service?
roparker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby CAPPS » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:40 pm

Here is a photo of one that used two front doors and one rear per side.

http://i1.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/cf/75/59_1.JPG

CAPPS
TremorMUV Mentor
TremorMUV Mentor

any progress?

Postby 1Dad2Sons » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:25 pm

I honestly thought about starting one like this a while back.
From the moment I wake, I devote myself to the perfection of whatever I pursue.

Here's my TremorMUV build diary:
http://northrockies.com/hummer
1Dad2Sons
Apprentice
Apprentice

Return to Roparkers Stretched TremorMUV