Jacksters Build

Follow Jacksters TremorMUV Construction

Moderator: the JoKeR

Jacksters Build

Postby Jackster » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:41 am

Round 2 for this build the first run was built of 1/8 wall tub and to heavy for my taste and got recycled to build a pair of wave runner lifts for us at the lake. The new build is primarily 1/16 wall and these new shots are of a master jig table that I used to build 6 sub assemblies and the resulting componants one of the shots shows the last assembly in the jig waiting for tack welding then several shots of all the parts setting on the stripped jig additional info in the build section or if you have specific question feel free to ask, Jackster

<center>
http://www.tremormuv.com/forum_pictures/showcase/jackster/replica_pics.jpg
http://www.tremormuv.com/forum_pictures/showcase/jackster/rep_1.jpg
http://www.tremormuv.com/forum_pictures/showcase/jackster/rep_2.jpg
http://www.tremormuv.com/forum_pictures/showcase/jackster/in_jig.jpg
</center>
Jackster
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby NAK-NAK » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:27 am

Looking good man. I like the size of your shop/garage. I wish I had that extra few feet.
Steve
NAK-NAK
Journeyman
Journeyman

Postby wishihadahummer » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:16 am

Jackster,

Your jig looks like its just strips of wood nailed or screwed to a large sheet of plywood or OSB. Is this correct? Looks like an easier route to go, rather than trying to build in mid-air.
wishihadahummer
Apprentice
Apprentice

jig properties

Postby Jackster » Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:53 am

The jig was built on top of my steel build table from round one supported by an additional 6 full length pieces of 2x2 tube the ply material is 3/4 MDF and the strips are the same @1 1/2 x 3/4 one side I brad nailed on with 1 1/4 nails the other with 1 1/2 screws, ( you need to be able to release the frame to get it out of the jig) and yes it seems to be going a lot faster and easier I dont know if its the jig or just that I am getting better at the process :lol:
Jackster
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby CAPPS » Sat Jan 31, 2004 7:50 pm

When you use the jig, do you tack one side in the jig and then flip it over to tack the other?
CAPPS
TremorMUV Mentor
TremorMUV Mentor

Postby Jackster » Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:27 pm

yes I would tack off one side then pry it out and tack opposite of the other side my original plan was to layout a left and a right then in theory pull out of one then place in the other to ensure lack of movment but oops I drew the same side from the other direction rather than the other side I found that careful removal and welds directly across produced no distortion in fact as of this writing the frame is complete and I will be sending Thomas the pics
Jackster
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby GhoSSt » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:50 pm

Jackster,

Is there a reason the 2 middle cants aren't welded to the 2x5 yet?

Just curious. I just purchased my plans last week and I love your full sized jig idea. I'll probably use that method myself.
GhoSSt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby the JoKeR » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:53 pm

I'm not Jackster, but I'll throw in my $.02... The inner cant sections aren't normally welded directly in-line with the inner 2x5 sections. Most bodies have the inner sections placed farther outboard. These pieces define the side of the rear bed, and also need to be placed such that they don't get in the way of the rear spring hangers.
Come see what we're up to.

And now, for something completely different: http://www.locostusa.com/
the JoKeR

Postby GhoSSt » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:22 pm

the JoKeR wrote:I'm not Jackster, but I'll throw in my $.02... The inner cant sections aren't normally welded directly in-line with the inner 2x5 sections. Most bodies have the inner sections placed farther outboard. These pieces define the side of the rear bed, and also need to be placed such that they don't get in the way of the rear spring hangers.

Thats what I was wondering. Thanks Jeff!
Kelly 'GhoSSt' Rosato
1996 Impala SS, 385ci LT4, 12.4 @ 114
1995 Fleetwood Brougham
1999 Silverado 5.3
1983 Suburban w/Tremor Kit
GhoSSt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby CAPPS » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:47 am

Jackster - Noticed on EBAY that your project was sold. Did it sell to someone around here, or to someone looking for HMMWV parts?
CAPPS
TremorMUV Mentor
TremorMUV Mentor

Return to Jacksters TremorMUV Build