More May Progress

Watch my dream manifest in the form of a hand built TremorMUV with a front and rear four link with air ride, and I plan on fabricating everything except the HMMWV hood and lights.

More May Progress

Postby Papaduck » Sun May 30, 2010 11:23 pm

Memorial day weekend, I love holidays off.
On Saturday my brother and I loaded all of the scrap metal, from the Suburbans destruction, and drove it down to the scrap yard. I'm upset that I forgot to get a picture of my brothers truck bed full of 1500 pounds of dismanteled Suburban. Normaly this wouldn't be such a big deal but pictured below is my brothers truck. The Suburban scrap was worth $150 and with that I bought an air hammer to remove the body mounts from the frame. The frame on my brothers truck is C-notched for axel clearence, but the axel bangged off the frame with every bump. Good thing the scrap yard is only 15 miles away.
on Sunday I fabbed up 4 of my planned 10 body mounts (6 body 4 bed) and called up some family. My relatives and I carried the cage out of the garage and wrestled it up onto the Burban frame. Alot of build up for something that only took 5 minutes.
I removed the core support, condenser, and radiator but I ran out of daylight so no more pics. Thats all for this episode, tune in next time for more home grown Hummer.

P.S. Thanks for the help family.
Papaduck
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby badmatt » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:59 am

any updates papa'?

LOL
badmatt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby Papaduck » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:56 pm

None right now, it was a long cold winter and now its raining every other day. I only have a 1 car garage so my work is confined to outside for now. I need to finish welding the cage and get the metal to sheet it, which I'm planning on doing in the next couple of weeks. I should have some work done and new picks by mid April.
Papaduck
Apprentice
Apprentice

Postby alanmooney » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:20 pm

Great pics. I like how everyone is chipping in. I can't wait to see your updates. Looks like a fantastic build.
alanmooney
Recruit
Recruit

papa

Postby luis24 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:06 am

any update papa?
luis24
Recruit
Recruit

Return to Papaduck's Four Door Hard Top Build